Sicilian Seafood Pasta
Well, I’m thrilled to share with you one of my all-time favourite dishes: seafood pasta. If there’s one meal I could savour for the rest of my life, this would be it! Imagine a luscious white sauce enveloping the delicate flavours of shellfish, creating a symphony of taste that simply cannot be surpassed.
In this recipe, we’ll be using spaghetti, which is 100% my preferred pasta type (yes, they may all be made of the same ingredients, but their shapes do make a difference!). It pairs perfectly with the seafood, ensuring a beautiful and satisfying culinary experience.
Seafood and pasta have a rich and longstanding tradition that has captured the hearts of not only Sicilians but the entire country. It’s no wonder, considering Italy’s abundant coastal wonders that provide an endless supply of fresh and succulent ingredients.
But before we dive into the recipe, a friendly reminder: save some wine for the sauce! It adds that extra touch of magic to the dish. So, grab a glass or two, and let’s embark on a delightful cooking journey together!
Serves 4 people
The Ingredients you will need
- 450g of Mussels (Cleaned well)
- 450g of Prawns (I prefer them with the shell on while cooking)
- 230g of squid (either tentacles or rings your choice)
- 55g extra virgin olive oil (Our Eulivo Olive Oil preferably)
- 4 cloves garlic cut finely
- 120g of white wine
- 10g (or a good hand full) fresh basil leaves or chopped Italian parsley
- 340g spaghetti
- 400g of Napolina tomato sauce
- sea salt to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the spaghetti until Al Dente. Drain and reserve 1 cup of the salty pasta water. This is for later!
- Heat up a large deep pan on medium-low flame. Add a good lug of olive oil (about 55g) and the garlic. Stir quickly making sure not to burn the garlic. Add in the Mussels.
- Pour in the white wine and cover with a lid. Cook for about a minute or so until the Mussels start to open. This is getting exciting!
- Add the prawns to the pan with mussels and give it a stir. Cover and cook for another minute or so.
- Once all the mussels have opened and the prawns are almost cooked, add the squid tentacles. Cook for another 30 seconds or so until they curl up.
Taste the seafood and add more sea salt if needed.
- Turn off the stove and let the seafood rest. Warm up the sauce in a saucepan. Pour the sauce over the seafood and mix to coat well. (you don’t need to cook this sauce for hours. This is a topper sauce. Let the fish do the work of taste).
- Add the cooked spaghetti to the pan with the seafood and mix to coat in the sauce. Add a little bit of the reserved pasta water if needed to stretch out the sauce.
- Go on, get a plate, its that part of the recipe. Give yourself, friends, and family a good portion of this beautiful Spaghetti Frutti di Mare! Drizzle with a lug of olive oil and sprinkle with the basil and parsley.
Enjoy this beautiful dish! Saluti!
BRAVISSIMO! You made an amazing and my absolute favourite Seafood Spaghetti from scratch in your own home. How was this recipe to follow? Now practice perfecting.
If you followed our recipe, please share with us how it went. Let us know if you changed anything in the recipe and share! We cannot wait to see it all! If you have used one of our products in your Pasta, share it with us. You may receive a free product to say thank you!
Don’t worry we’ll feature your incredible Pasta on our website and Instagram! Let’s Cook!